For most of us our largest investment is our home. Protecting that large asset is vital. A Homeowner’s Insurance policy can achieve that by covering your dwelling, contents, and liability. Optionally, it can cover the dwelling with replacement cost protection. And, there are many optional coverages available to take care of almost every need. Talk to us about Flood Insurance as an additional way to protect this asset.
Some of the various policies available are:
- HO1 – Very limited insurance policy.
- HO2 – Basic insurance policy with lower premiums and lower coverages.
- HO3 – This is the home insurance policy that is the most popular because of coverage available and perils covered.
- HO4 – Renters insurance covers your contents. Some policies also provide liability insurance.
- HO5 -This is a home insurance policy that has an “open peril policy” that goes beyond the perils typically covered on both the dwelling and contents.
- HO6 – This is a Condominium Policy. It is similar to Renters Insurance as it covers contents and provides liability protection. It is very important to contact your condo association to understand the master policy provided by your Association, so your agent can fill in the gaps with additional insurance.
- HO8 – This policy provides insurance for older homes. It may not cover replacement costs.
DP1, 2, 3 – Some of us own properties that we rent to others. These policies provide coverage at various degrees. Talk to us about the coverage available.
If you have jewelry, artwork, antiques, tapestries, collectibles, furs, or silver you may want to also add a rider to your policy which will specifically list these items. Or, sometimes you may want to consider a Personal Articles/Fine Arts Policy for broader coverage on these items.
Various discounts are available on Home Insurance:
- Loss Free
- Alarm Protection
- Age of Home
- And more…
Our agents will work with you to determine which policy above is right for you, and assist you in determining appropriate coverage levels. Home Insurance can provide protection for your contents and liability in the event someone is injured on your property, and most importantly to rebuild or restore your home after a covered peril.
Once you receive your policy, it is always important to review your coverage at regular intervals. Make sure to adjust your coverage for home improvements, additional purchases, etc. Call your agent to discuss these changes so that your policy can be modified.
Provantage Insurance can discuss your personal homeowner insurance needs in depth and explain to you all of your coverage options and make recommendations for this protection.
Call us today to discuss your Home Insurance needs, 215 396-9022!
Invalid address. Ex: 123 Main St, York, PA 17403